Thursday, May 6, 2010

Listening Points!

One of the BEST things that I have come up with.  My kids LOVE points.  So if they "Listen" to me the first time I ask them to do something they get a point.  You would think that I was handing out money or candy or something really really great.  Benjamin even turned down a cookie after dinner last night for a "point".  We have been doing this for about a week with no way of charting the "points".  So after a couple of minutes on Excel.  They now have a chart.  And it is nothing short of a miracle.  Let's see how long I can ride this wave.
 Here is the chart.
Here are the stickers.
Here is what they do when you put them together.  Yes two of my point hunger children emptied and put away all of the dishes. For a point each.  Cheap labor.

4 comments:

Jen said...

great idea! i may need to do some kind of incentive program this summer! thanks for the idea

Rachel B. said...

That is a fabulous idea! Just this week, Reese has been acting like she doesn't hear me when I tell her to do something. She is in serious need of a listening points chart. Thanks for sharing!

Kari Clark said...

That is seriously awesome! I love that there is no reward except the coveted "point" - that is so funny! I hope it lasts a LONG time!

eliza said...

aren't points great? I use to give points when I taught school and the kiddos were totally obsessed. It's even better at this age when they dont' ask to trade points in for anything!