Monday, May 3, 2010

Derby Time...

I just went on a fun trip to the Kentucky Derby.  I know who would have thought that was something I would want to do.  Well I had a great time.  It was a girl cousin get together.  My in-laws put the whole thing together.  There were three of Dan's cousins that came up from Tennessee and I came over from Denver to Louisville where my in-laws live.  Friday was beautiful weather.  Saturday not so much. It rained all day.  So we opted to play dress up, take pictures and then go to the Derby in Jeans and ponchos!
 

7 comments:

Jen said...

Fantastic! We totally watched this the other day & I noticed all of the fun "derby" attire...can't believe you were one of them (sort of!). Great pics!

The Mattinson's said...

How fun!!! When Dan told me you were there I have to say I was a bit jealous! The trip away was fun I am sure and probably a little needed!!!

eliza said...

That is totally my dream to go, dress up and wear a big hat and sunglasses just like in My Fair Lady. One day...

MB said...

Very cool! I like the dresses and hats! Lovely!

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I really thought you were joking about being at the derby. Things were a bit wet but it still looked like fun. My horse didn't win but I haden't bet any way.Love you.Aunt DeAnna

Kari Clark said...

I didn't know you went there! Holy Cow, did you know how big of a fan I am of the DERBY!?! That is awesome! I want all the details about how fun it was, next time we chat! Holy Cow, that rocks!

Graachus said...

What horse did Dan have you put money on?