Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Finally some of the painting we have been doing!

So here are some of the painting projects we have been up to! We are by no means finished! With the painting or the decorating! This is just the start. This first one is the art niche over the fireplace. And yes I know that the picture need to be updated. And for all you funny people out there no we did not change Zachary's name to Chelsea. And no he is not really a flower.
My friend Amy Farnsworth is going to take the replacement pictures. I think that they will be amazing!
This one is in the dining room when you first walk in the house. The colors are Cappuccino and Garnet from Restoration Hardware. LOVE their paint!
This is also in the dining room. This is the fabric for the curtains.
This one is a hallway between the dining and the kitchen. I will be adding more to it than just this shelf, but for now this is what I have. The paint is chocolate from RH.
Here is going up the stairs. The paint is Cappuccino.
Here is the study that is off of the family room. The paint is Flax again from RH.
Another view of the study. We also painted the powder room in Flax.
Here is the kitchen. I am proposing Saffron from RH in here. We are trying to find the same tile that is around the fireplace to do as a back-splash.
Another view of the kitchen. We have not painted the living room or any of the rooms upstairs. Let us know what you thing! People I want to see comments here.

7 comments:

J said...

I love all your color choices. My vote for the living room is a slate blue. Calming yet not boring. I can't wait to see your new home.

Jen said...

Amie,

It's beautiful! I LOVE the colors. I know you were a little uncertain whether to paint but it makes your house look so much more like a home. And the colors are awesome! I think I'm going to have to head to restoration hardware to redo the paint in our green room (ick). They have great colors--or maybe it's just the person picking them. I liked the saffron. How will it go with the color right outside of it? That's the only thing I'd consider (since that's something I hate about our green room). The saffron is SO nice, so I hope it works!

J

Crafting is my Therapy said...

Jen, the color is cappuccino just outside the kitchen. I think that they look good together. My only reserve about the saffron is that I have covered the chairs for the kitchen and there is not a stitch of yellow in them. I will have to recover them. And I can use the covers for pillows so they will not be wasted.

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

The colors are great.When do you ever find the time to paint??

Team German said...

I love the painting job and it was fun to tell Gus which part I helped with. Thanks for the pictures. Also I love the pictures above the fire place! You did a good job hanging them...

Rachel B. said...

Amie, it's your nursey buddy, Rachel! :) The paint looks great! I love above your fireplace. You guys did a fantastic job and have gotten so much done in such a short amount of time living there. Great work!

Rachel B. said...

"nursery" that is. "NURSEY buddy" could sound a little weird. ;)