Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Got to go someone is at the Door!"



This was last month... but wanted to report in our make shift journal, the blog.  
My sister, Misty had a birthday! It was Friday the 13th of March.  That morning I text her wishing her a happy birthday and hope all goes well.  Little did she know I was at that same moment at the Denver Airport getting on a plane to come see her.  I arrived in the afternoon, her husband Jordan and my mother who had also flown in came and picked me up.  That night Misty and Jordan had invited several friends to have a party at the church building.  



Misty had to work a little later so didn't get there until around 6:30.  Finally she arrived.   I slipped out the back door as she came in the front.  I then text her again asking about her day. She said so far so good.  Then I knocked on the front door of the church.  She stopped texting my message and went to answer the door.    You should have seen her face... she was more confused than anything else.  She looked at me then down at her phone then back at me again.  She said it was like a star trek move to be beamed up to the party.    

We sure had an awesome time.  We had game night every night, we had to let birthday girl win a couple of corse.


We went to the smithsonian and down to the memorials.  We also went to Abraham Lincoln's Memorial. On the way up the elevator my nephew Asher needed a little more entertainment for the evening... So right on que, Jordan with the Beat, Misty with the back up lyrics and beat, mom with some big 'ol boy lyrics and all with some sweet moves gave the needed entertainment for Little Asher in the stroller.  

Defiantly good times!

1 comment:

MB said...

You guys are THE BEST! That was sooo great! And, yes, IT IS just a game, unless I win. Then, I'm the BEST cards player in the world!